you know whatd be a fun exercise
get a writer and an artist together. artist does a sketch, writer writes a handful of paragraphs. they give them to each other.
writer has to write a handful of paragraphs on the scene depicted in the sketch, and it cant be just like,…
Usually I don’t care about those meme things, but I keep coming back to Tumblr because I’m genuinely curious about people’s responses. Everyone I tagged I know offline, and don’t see on a frequent basis, so it’s kind of fun to see what folks are into at the moment.
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Credits Song
No Death In Love - Tina Grace, Nitin Sawhney
(TUMBLR WHY WON’T YOU LET ME CAPITALIZE USERNAMES???) tagged me in two memes, so I’m knocking them both out here!
- Name: Arianna
- URL: Aave
- Blog name: "Little Inky Black Things," after a mis-remembered line about the Susuwatari from "My Neighbor Totoro.” Apparently the actual line is “…black little fuzzy things?” or something of the sort, but since I like ink-work, I decided to keep it as-is.
- Have a crush: TEE-HEE SILLIES! I HAVE A CRUSH ON EEEVERY BOY! Seriously, though, are we talking real or fictional? Because the list is innumerable if it’s both (for both the mens and the wimmens).
- Favorite color: Cyan. Judging by my room and wardrobe, though, you’d think magenta, purple, or black, eheh.
- Write something in all caps: BUT WHY?
- Favorite band or singer: Uh…depends on my mood. Most consistently, it’s been NIN, Daft Punk, Bastille, and Powerman 5000.
- Favorite number: 12, or any even number divisible by both five and 10. Because I hate math.
- Favorite drink: Most any black tea or green tea frappucino.
- Plague…I mean tag ten people: See the end of the post!
Screw the rules, I have money!
Rule #1: Always post the rules.
Rule #2: Answer all the questions and make 11 new ones.
Rule #3: Tag 11 people.
Rule #4: Tell them you tagged them.
Rule #5: Tell the person that tagged you that you answered their questions.
- No matter how bad a day is, what’s the one thing that cheers you up? Folks visiting me at work
even moreso if they bring me treats. Getting home from work before nightfall. Cute pictures of cats and birds (especially owls and other raptors).
- You wake up in bed as your favorite character from a TV/movie/book/game in their bed, and you can be them for a whole day, who is it and what would you do? Uhhh, gosh. Probably Jak (II version). Learn how to ride a Zoomer and JETBoard. Explore ALL of the Precursor ruins/forest, etc. Take a racing zoomer out for a test run. Muck around with the original Eco colors (blue especially).
- What did you use to do as a child that you still do now? I still tend to eat my food in categories, but not as much (i.e. rice first, then vegetables, then the chicken, etc.). When I was a kid I would actually sort my mixed vegetables out and eat them in groups (i.e. lima beans first, then peas, then corn, etc.). Thankfully I don’t do that any more.
- What’s the one thing you thought you hated but ended up enjoying as you got older? Jeans, of all things. When I was a kid I thought they were incredibly scratchy and uncomfortable. When I started wearing them for horseback riding, I got used to ‘em, and now I lament the fact I can’t wear them a lot because of work.
- If you can tell your past self anything, what would it be? Contact them. He may mind, but she’ll treat you like family. And they’ll need you.
And maybe you could protect them.
- Is there a trait from any character/celebrity that you adapted to yourself? None that I’m aware of. I tend to unintentionally take on little habits of people I hang around with on a frequent basis, but that’s not quite in the vein of the question…
- Which series (any game, show, show, etc) would you defend till the very end as the best thing ever? Time and experience changes one’s perspective on everything, so I can’t really say. Maybe the Jak and Daxter series or Yoshitaka Amano, since those have been long-time favorites and and sources of inspiration.
- What food makes you hungry, no matter what? If I’m full, I’m full, usually. I’m quite fond of warm, soft Italian bread though.
- Was there ever anything you jokingly liked, but deep deep down you actually do? Nothing I can think of, no. Although on the flip side, for a long while I really hated the whole “supernatural romance” schtick that became popular since Twilight came out.
And yet now my tablet is full of supernatural romance novels that I often revisit. Oy vey.
- Is there a skeleton in your closet? No, I brought them out early for Halloween!
- I ran out of questions; how was your day? Fairly uneventful. Thankfully no one hit on me at work today, eheh.
- How do you feel about yourself? Personally, emotionally, physically - whatever you feel most comfortable answering?
- What three things are you most passionate about? A movement/belief? A hobby? A book?
- Speaking of which, what are your three most favorite books?
- What things do you do that make you happy?
- If money wasn’t an object, where would your ideal vacation be?
- Name three things you wish you knew more about (that are currently knowable
the meaning of life does not count):
- What is your favorite holiday, whether or not it’s commercialized/mainstream?
- What is your ideal living situation? With someone or alone? In an apartment or a mansion? How would you want to decorate it? What would be the most important features, architecturally or otherwise?
- What are some of your favorite things
aside from raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens?
- This is a two-parter: what kind of art do you like, AND…
- …what palettes are you most drawn to (i.e. concept art, Rococo, warm versus cool colors, etc.)?
Those tagged for both: withchocolateontop, sunlit sapling, norealbusinessbeinghere, danedewhat, brite-eyed, aleenaxd, wild-wes-james, gingeredpolarbears, autumnthefaerie, and jaqirabbit. And I’m leaving it at 10, because that’s a good number. If p-unkin and captmickey want to do the second one again, with my questions, they can too.
Hello lovelies! Do you like shirts? Do you like The Last of Us, Uncharted, and most any game developed by Naughty Dog? If I could ask a favor of those of you reading (especially Jak and Daxter fans), there’s something at stake where I need as much help as possible.
If you would take a few minutes to sign up/log in and vote “5” for my shirt design (“Legacies” by Arianna, as seen above), it would mean the world to me. And then reblog and share it with your friends, family, enemies, etc., and ask them to please do the same. Unfortunately you can’t actually view the entries without having an account, so after you sign up, the link should show my design if you try it again.
The grand prize is a trip to tour Naughty Dog studios, something I’ve dreamed of since I was a kid
putting on goggles and a red scarf and blue shirt and pretending I’m Jak while playing the games, so please, please, please help however you can. If you can show that you voted for mine, I’ll even do some sketches for you
Can someone write a fanfic with Jak as a librarian who goes all Dark Jak when someone’s too loud or has library fees.
Two years. Two years since the Program. Two years since the table. Two years since his escape.
That is seven hundred and thirty days. Maybe thirty out of the first hundred and twenty of them completely lost to him, spent as a screaming demon made of rage and hate and dark eco; and the remaining ninety of it spent running and hiding and trying not to get caught - by either the KG or the snarling thing they had made of him. The next two hundred days spent laying as low as humanly possible, hiding out in the slums, or the harbour, or the shadow of a dusty old precursor idol he pretended he couldn’t hear speaking.
"You know what?" Dax said, the night the KG got tired of looking for him and faked his death to get out of it, "I liked it better when you were the kid who collected bugs, not the kid who collected scars.”
EDIT: Speaking of Jak, I found this back in my Drafts (from last freaking year) and it seemed apropos. Original text below.
I am reblogging this because Jak and Daxter specifically Dark Jak and because he’s a librarian(andI’malibrariannow) and when I was a teenager the J&D series kind of helped me through some hard times and so much yes in one post.
Pardon me for throwing grammar out the window.